Visit Mini Animals at Lil' Bit of Life Farm
Lil’ Bit of Life Farm’s message is "Healing with a little help from our friends". Owner Tracey Rinehart has poured her heart and soul into developing her mission to provide healing with four-legged friends. "Horses train us to have balance, feelings of strength, coordination, confidence, grace, and peace." Tracey’s first horse, Bailey, taught her these very things, and she wants to share.
Also home to the G.R.I.T.S. 4-H Club, the organization is service oriented assisting living facilities and businesses in the Lake County area. Our visit to Lil Bit of Life Farm was timed with a few events in mind. Tracey had just gotten some ducks, there were new baby pigs, and the goats were about to give birth. We saw it all in our tour.
Check out these activities held at the farm:
- Horsemanship - No riding involved. The experience is a hands-on course in learning how to care for your mini friend. You will bathe, groom, hoof care, and walk them while building a friendship relationship. Memory, fine motor skills, judgment, and focus are improved.
- Obstacle Course - No riding involved. Designed with obstacles and patterns with you and your mini leading the way. Build relationship and trust. Learn positive leadership skills, team building skills, and build self-confidence.
- Teaching Kindness - This program focuses on teaching empathy and compassion through interaction with small animals. The lesson plans are based not the principles of Humane Education. You will work with small farm animals, including goats, bunnies, and minis.
“There is something good about the outside of a horse that’s good for the inside of a man.”
The benefit to Lil Bit of Life Farm is so much more than just the experience of meeting Tracey and her animals. It’s the difference that they make in Mount Dora and Lake County.
Schedule a visit to the farm:
Groups large and small are welcome! There’s plenty of parking and the farm is easy to navigate.
- Birthday Party entertainment
- Day Camps for Youth (5-13) on scheduled days
- Photos for daycare and pre-school with a miniature horse
- Schedule an hour of quality family time with a mini